About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Stamp Something Challenge and Much More






Hello, well we survived the birthday celebrations (all three of them) LOL! More on that in a bit. The Stamp Something challenge this week is fancy folds, well, my box is not fancy but it is folded. Actually I think it is kinda cool, it doesn't use any adhesive, the folds allow it to connect to itself. I found the pattern at Nichole Heady's site Capture the Moment. She has great templates and (all SU fans close your eyes) she also has the most beautiful stamp sets. Okay all eyes open. I used 12 by 12 Whisper White paper for the cover and stamped it using Tart & Tangy, the sentiment is from Mini Mates (sorry it is retired) the base is Green Galore I cut 1/8 off the 12 by 12 paper on each side. (does that make sense?) If you want the actual template check out Nichole's site.
All Supplies Stampin' Up
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Mini Mates
Cardstock: Whisper White, Green Galore
Ink: Real Red, Only Orange, Green Galore
Accessories: bone folder

Okay, back to the birthday bashes. Reid wanted to have his friend party at Chuck E Cheese, so Reid and 13 of his friends had a blast there. I don't know about you but I can't stand all the clutter and I hate to say it the junk my son collects so I didn't want to pass on any more junk to anyone so to make a long story short I made the favors for his party. I made knock knock joke books. What five year old doesn't love a good knock knock joke? Again, I found the template at Nichole's site (I am doing great advertising for her today) She has a template that you can print directly onto your cardstock. The kids seemed to like them. The pictures aren't great but the last picture shows the wrapper (for lack of a better term) that I put them in. I used vanilla cardstock and put it through the crimper, and just made two folds in the back. I adhered it with velcro




Most Supplies Stampin' Up
Stamps: Batty for You, random owl
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze
Designer Paper: Washington Apple
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Corner rounder punch, crimper, googly eyes, brads, velcro

5 comments:

Laura Brown said...

Your projects are adorable! Joke books - how clever!!

Carmen said...

How cool is that ... you did a great job. Love the box too!! Tart and tangy is such a cute set.

Kathryn said...

Love that box -- it's fantastic.
I adore that Tart & Tangy set - it's so cute! ;)

Angela said...

your joke book is very cute. great party favor! tfs

Becky Carafa said...

These are both just adorable! Thanks for playing!