About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kazan's Sketch 13



Happy Wednesday. I just ran a ton of errands and as a special treat I went to the book store to pick up the second book in the Twilight Series. I am so excited to sit down and read it. But first I have some work to do. I needed a Bar Mitzvah card for my cousin's son. For those of you who don't know a Bar Mitzvah is a Jewish celebration when a boy (in this case) turns 13. The Bar Mitzvah was in Florida so we didn't get to go, but I wanted to send this card with his gift. I started with a 5 1/2 card base of Whisper White, I layered it with Brushed Silver and Everyday Blessings from Papertrey Ink. I stamped one of the frames from Frames with a Flourish Night of Navy on the silver, I made a second frame by cutting two and adhering them together. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.
Most Supplies Stampin' Up
Stamps: Frames with a Flourish, Hebrew Holidays (retired) Mazel Tov from Papertrey Ink
Carstock: Whisper White, Brushed Silver
Designer Paper: Everyday Blessings (Papertrey)
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah this is gorgeous, simple yet elegant and perfect for a handsome young man ready to celebrate his
Bar Mitzvah - I am sure he will appreciate the gift and thoughtful card even though you could not attend.
:) Kazan

Unknown said...

This is lovely! So simple and elegant.

Traci G said...

very festive, and I LOVE the colors!!!! He will love it!

Angie Tieman said...

Very nice card!! Love the colors you used, and so nice for a masculine card!

p.s. My friend just loaned me her Twilight book, so I plan to hit it hard this weekend!

Eveline said...

Great card.
Eveline.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!

Peet said...

Beautiful card, Sarah!!!

Carmen said...

Fantastic card!! it looks great! Hope you ejoy the twilight books ... the first was my favorite of the series!

Lea L. said...

Wonderful card! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea