About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Shower Invitations


I have to say I don't just like these invites, I LOVE THEM! Don't you just love when you create something super cool (in your own opinion, of course) Anyway, my friend is having a baby and we are throwing her a shower. She swore after the first that she was all done, she gave everything away (we have her crib) but 6 years later she is expecting! The directions for the criss-cross card are on Splitcoast. Here is one thing I learned. The directions used double sided designer paper. The paper I used was not double sided, this became a problem when you cut the dp in half diagonally to adhere to both sides. (does that makes sense?) What I did was used removable adhesive and attached the two different dp together and then cut them diagonally in half. It worked! If I didn't explain that clearly and you want more info just let me know. The designer paper is Making Memories, I found it at Michael's. I think I bought all they had. :) Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.
Supplies: All SU except the designer paper
Stamps: from a 2004 SU set
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: 1 1/4 circle punch, 13/8 circle punch, scallop circle, tab punch


10 comments:

{Sarah Coyle} said...

you should be proud! these are great!! Congrats to your friend!

Rose said...

Hey Sarah! These are really cute invitations! Great job!

Rose

Melody said...

Great paper and a great pocket card!

Anjou Krelovich said...

too sweet! I love baby showers!

Karen said...

Love the colours Sarah!! Gosh, I havent been to a baby shower in............8 and a bit years! lol

Karen

Scrapping Julie said...

so cute. love the criss cross cards

rkmoore said...

There are so fun! Can't wait to see what fun stuff you are making for favors! (just totally assuming you got that job too;)

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Love these - they are so cute and I like the criss-cross design. Congratulations to your friend - I know she was very pleased with these.

Cindy said...

What a very cute & clever shower invite!! I just had a baby shower, but I was in charge of the favors and games. I did make a cute favor though! Handmade invitations would have been nice.

Leigh said...

You've done well and look great.