About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Elemental Doodles' August Challenge

Here is a little bit different for you....does it make you go hmmmm? My first challenge for Elemental Doodles is to use one solid cardstock, 2 pieces designer paper, 1 button and 1 flower. The flower is what made me pause, I didn't want to just stick any old flower on so I made my own. I took 5 hearts and crumbled them all up and then used the Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole through them all. I attached them with a brad and then fanned out the hearts, I then used a glue dot to add the pearl on top. I saw this technique on Nicole Heady's blog ages ago and tucked it away for future use. :) So what do you think, want to try the challenge? Let me know if you do. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this cute design!! Perfect for keeping up with a long distance friend!!!

Etha said...

Wow, nice way how you made the flower!! love the red and white color scheme ;)

kc_froglady said...

great layout for this card and I really like how you used the hearts to make the flower!