About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Hang in There!

Quick post this morning since we are finally getting out of the house today. We haven't been out and about since Monday. I am in desperate need of a grocery store. I made this card for an old high school friend's son. He just got out of surgery and I thought he could use a pick-me-up. Tracy Gentry showed this technique on her blog about a year ago and I finally got around to trying it. I CASED this card from her. I stamped the monkey and the branch first and then I cut out a large circle and used the negative piece. I placed masks on both the monkey and branch and then placed the open circle on top. I sponged inside the circle with Bashful Blue ink. I know clear as mud. Any questions I can walk you through it. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Becky said...

This is so cute, love it.

Bonita Rose said...

such an adorable card.. love it!!! so happy!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute! It is an excellent get well card. It put a smile on my face. I love this technique.

Holly Young said...

oh, this is such a cute little card!

Elizabeth said...

Very sweet card and a great technique. I am sure it will bring some cheer to your friend's little one.

Ginny said...

GORGEOUS, bet he loved it :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Adorable!!!!

Fiona said...

That looks great! I must use that technique again - haven't done it for ages and it's so effective!