About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trick or Treat


I love this wreath on the cover of Woman's Day. I kept seeing it in the grocery store and today I broke down and bought it. I would love to make this wreath but I would eat all the candy corn. Instead I used it as inspiration to make this card. I used Papertrey's Tiny Treats set and cut out each of the candy corn. Took me a while but I love the result. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Dixie said...

This is fabulous! I love how you drew your inspiration from the candy one, yet made it your own. Very fun!

Micah said...

You... cut... out... all...

*dies*

it looks fabulous, yes, but OH MY GOODNESS!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Good golly Miss Molly!!!!! You deserve an award for this one! It is amazing, just love it and to cut out each little corn, you sure have patience, I would have stopped on "just one" :) You need to send that one in to PTI, they would love it.

Holly Young said...

This is so cute! I can't imagine cutting out all of those candy corns!

KER said...

wow that wreath is great...and sugar/calorie free...but just think you had to have burned some calories cutting all those candies out so...small treat for you maybe?

rkmoore said...

OMG! I have this magazine and was also crushing on that wreath! You are so my BFF! The card is WAY better. I LOVE it!

Christiana said...

WOW! That was a TON of work! It turned out so cute though!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is too fun Sarah I love all the fussy cutting1 Beth

Just Me said...

Lots of hand work. Great card.