About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First came frustration then came happiness

I have to admit I have had the stamp set Text & Texture for quite some time, I just never used it. I found it frustrating, first I tried to mask with it but even with cutting out the words it still didn't look right. So I put it away, I took it out again yesterday and decided to try using a light color for the background and a darker color for the words. It worked. (thanks to the person on Splitcoast who suggested it) I also wanted to use my new tab punch. I always see great cards that use this punch but I couldn't figure out a good way to use it. It is not very exciting in the card but it works for me. All in all I am pleased with the card.

I used Pacific Point and Baja Breeze cardstock and ink. I also used Bella Rose designer paper. I used the new filigree brads and the round tab punch. Stamp sets were Text & Texture and Define Your Life.



I have two new obsessions. One is this blog. I post in the morning and I have to admit I am coming back all day to see, did someone comment? Has anyone visited? I think all the hits on my new counter have been me. LOL. My other obsession is Facebook. My 20 year high school reunion is next year. My classmates have set up a site on Facebook to find everyone. I went to a small high school in MA where everyone knew each other. People I haven't talked to in years are sending me messages. They are also posting pictures from way back. My kindergarten picture is on there. It has been a blast! Happy stamping.

1 comment:

Jenn D said...

Well it is gorgeous! I'm glad that you worked through the frustration to create this.