About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #38





Hello there, I have to begin with I think I watch too much Project Runway. I am beginning to think of myself as a designer and as I "design" Tim Gunn comes in to critique my cards. LOL! Oh Boy, do I need some sleep. I though MJ's sketch was simple and cool when I saw it so why did I have such a problem? I wanted to try out a technique I saw on Di's blog (Stampin' with Di) where she shows how to use a babywipe and your ink refills to make a spectrum pad. ( I was bummed when SU retired theirs) Anyway, that it the technique I used for the dragon fly and the sentiment, which is Ain't Life Grand in case you can't see it. I also took my confetti white paper and stamped the spectrum pad on it as well. The reason you see two cards is I could not decide which designer paper looked better. At first I didn't like the darker one but now I am not sure. You tell me! Be honest, maybe neither works, I did try Pink Pirouette behind it but it just didn't pop. I know enough whining. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.
All Supplies Stampin' Up
Stamps: Organic Grace, Grand Soiree
Cardstock: Confetti White, Riding Hood Red
Designer Paper:Patterns in Riding Hood Red
Ink: all the in-colors refills
Accessories: square punch, oval punch, brads



5 comments:

Laura Brown said...

Both cards are great! That's a new technique for me. I prefer the darker dsp.

Carmen said...

The darker looks better. I do like this technique :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I think maybe I like the darker one just a little bit more. Both are really nice cards. I just saw this technique and need to order some more re-inker to play

Julia said...

I like both cards. But, I'd have to agree the dark is better. I am going to have to try this technique sometime.