About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Pink Elephant Scrapper's Challenge


Happy Monday! Today is the last day of Spring Break and we are celebrating it by doing yard work. :) We lead such an exciting life. The Pink Elephant is known for their weekly challenges for cards but they have started a new challenge for scrappers. The first challenge was to use a technique that you frequently use on your pages. One of the things I struggle with when I scrap are my titles. I don't have one of the cool machines where you can easily make a title and have it cut for you. Instead I rely on my very large basket of chipboard and stickers and stencils. For the title on this page I combined two methods. For the water I took old beach photos and used the background to cut out my letters. I adhered them so they popped up a little. For the rest of the title I used chipboard. I lightly inked them first in Baja Breeze and then rubbed the edges in Taken with Teal. Such an easy way to get a great look. The bottom journaling was done by my son, it says "When will I get there..." Almost there..." "Finally" I couldn't decide which photo I liked better so I decided to use them both, that way I didn't have to make a decision so early in the morning. (okay it is 10:00) but still. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Fun page! I love how you cut the letters out of the photos.

Betty Boo! said...

Awsome layout! Great colors, very cute! Thank you for joining us on our first Scrap challenge at TPE!

Betty

Trudi said...

Oh I love the layout of your page, cute title and pics too! Thanks for joining us with our first layout challenge at The Pink Elephant!