About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I wanted to try my hand at making background paper, so I used my Papertrey set Damask Designs and started stamping. I found it easier to stamp a full sheet of paper and then cut out the size I need. I made this for my sister and brother-in-law whose 8th year anniversary was yesterday. I don't usually go all personal on my blog but I am feeling a bit down and wanted to share. My dad died eight years ago today. My dad had lung cancer and we knew he was not going to make it through the summer so my sister and then long time boyfriend decided to get married so my dad could be there. I can only imagine how my sister feels each year when they celebrate. I think about all that has happened in my life that my dad missed. The hardest is knowing that my two boys will never know their grandfather. Okay, enough. Thanks so much for hanging in there for this post. Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Stamps: Papertrey - Damask Design

1 comment:

Peter Hartman said...

Thanks for sharring this