About Me

My photo
I am Sarah, a stay at home mom of two wonderful, little boys. In my life before kids I was a fifth grade teacher. I now work with first year teachers, which I love. Creating is one of the ways I stay sane. I become very cranky if I have not stamped or scrapped in a while. Join me on this creative journey.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A pretty ooops

I am not going to lie, this card started out as something entirely different and it morphed into this. Hmmm. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it just isn't what it was suppose to be. Last weekend my husband and I went away with two wonderful old friends that we don't get to see that often. They have a house at Deep Creek Lake in Maryland. I have never been there so it was a pleasant surprise. So pretty, and fally and lots of cool shops. We took a hike around a waterfall. Did I mention this weekend was without kids. Enough said. Anyway I made this card to thank them for the wonderful time. I will leave you with a picture of me and my hubby on a bridge with a beautiful fall scene behind us. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Christiana said...

Isn't that funny how a card can suddenly veer off the imagined path? That happens to me all the time. Usually it's for the best, though, and that seems to be the case here with yours. It turned out great!

Sounds like a fabulous visit. Kid-free was all I needed to know that!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Your card is beautiful and I am sure they will love it. How nice that you got to enjoy time with your hubby!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great photo!! Thank you for sharing!!

Jessica Lynn

HappyCrafter said...

Don't know what you had in mind, but I do like how this came out. It's really balanced and I like the red and white colour scheme. Thank you for sharing your autumn photo too :-)

Kathy and Lucky said...

I think all my cards morph along the way and it seems to take longer when they have their own idea of what they want to be. They are usually right though. Your card is beautiful and love the color, it just pops and your friends will love it. Your picture is lovely.

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love the combination of patterns.